Make the filling:
- In a large bowl, mix all the filling ingredients together.
- Make sure that the cornstarch is thoroughly incorporated.
- Set it aside for 30 minutes for the fruit to macerate.
Make the crumble topping:
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and pecans.
- Using your fingers, slowly incorporate the softened butter in small amounts into the dry ingredients until the consistency resembles wet sand. Put in fridge until ready to use to keep the butter cool.
- The crumble can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to a week.
Assemble the pie:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Sprinkle the ½ teaspoon sugar and flour on the frozen crust base and swirl around with your fingers.
- Using a slotted spoon, fill the crust with the filling, leaving the juices behind.
- Top the filling with the crumble topping, making sure to cover all the fruit.
Bake the pie:
- Bake the pie on a baking sheet on the center rack for 1 hour, rotating the pie clockwise every 15 minutes to make sure it cooks evenly.
- Cover the crust with foil for the last 15 minutes if the edges are getting too brown.
- Cool for at least 1 hour before serving and enjoying with a Miller Lite while country music blasts.