Start the Glaze
- My favorite thing about this dough is that it’s a one-bowl wonder! But, before we get to that, it’s time to start your glaze!
- Place your hibiscus flower in your lemon juice — leave it out at room temperature to “cold brew” your tea in your lemon juice.
Make the Dough
- Now it’s time to make your dough. Place your dry ingredients in a bowl and mix with a rubber spatula, or the paddle attachment if using a stand mixer.
- Add your eggs, labneh, and brown butter and mix until incorporated. The dough will be slightly damp, but don’t fret! A lot of the moisture will be lost when you flour your surface when rolling out the dough.
- Heat your oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit in Saucy.
- While doing so, roll out your dough and cut it into your preferred shapes.
- Once at temperature, add your doughnuts one by one so the temperature of the oil does not drop.
- Fry until golden brown and leave the fried doughnuts on Holy Sheet or a rack to cool to room temperature.
Make the Glaze
- Place your powdered sugar in a bowl and slowly drizzle the lemon-hibiscus mix into it, whisking in between each pour.
- The less liquid you add, the more opaque your glaze will be. The more liquid you add, the thinner the glaze will be. Dealer’s choice!
- Dunk, drizzle, or dip. Then eat and enjoy!