- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Set a medium sized pot of water to boil and add a tbsp of salt.
- Add potatoes and boil for 20-25 minutes or just until tender. Transfer potatoes to a large baking sheet and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Using the bottom of a cup, measuring cup, or jar, crush each potato to flatten it slightly without causing them to fall apart. Allow the potato skins and pieces to fray at the edges — these will be extra crispy!
- Drizzle potatoes with olive oil and remaining salt. Toss gently to cover all potatoes. Bake for 30-40 minutes until potatoes are golden brown and crisp.
- Heat Paro Tarka over medium heat for a minute or two before drizzling over smashed potatoes. Top it all off with red onion and fresh herbs.
One word: yum. This easy recipe takes 30 minutes and is the perfect appetizer for your next dinner party.
Recipe by Aisha Joshi for our Pantry Pals at Paro.
- 1.5 lb of baby Yukon Gold potatoes or another small waxy potato (about 15)
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 tbsp and 2 tsp of salt, divided
- ¼ of a small red onion, chopped or sliced
- ¼ cup of chopped parsley, cilantro, or mint
- 2 tbsp of Paro Tarka