This cake comes together easily and bakes right in Little Sheet. We love an elevated, no-fuss sheet cake!
For the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder and matcha powder. Add salt and whisk.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter on medium/high speak with a paddle attachment until creamy and fluffy (around 3 minutes)
- Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and on medium speak beat the eggs one at a time and vanilla until just mixed in.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl on more time to make sure it’s all mixed together and add the dry ingredients in three times alternating with the milk. Make sure to start with the dry and end with the dry.
- Poor into pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until in springs back
- Let it cool down for 20 minute before taking it out of the pan.
For the buttercream:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium/high speed until light and fluffy .
- Bring the speed to medium low and slowly add the white chocolate and mix.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl to mix well and on low speed introduce the powdered sugar in 3 times.
- Add vanilla extract and once powdered sugar is fully incorporated, bring the mixer to medium high speed and beat for another 2 minutes to make the buttercream fluffy and airy.
Layer buttercream on the cake, directly in Little Sheet. Top with edible flowers or sprinkles (or both) — time to get creative!