1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Combine the eggs, ricotta, salt, and half of the milk in a large mixing bowl. Sift in the flour, and whisk well to combine until the batter is smooth. Whisk in the remainder of the milk.
3. Put the butter in Hot Dish. Place the roasting pan in the oven until the butter has melted and just barely begun to brown.
4. Pour the batter into the hot roasting pan. The batter will feel impossibly wet, but have trust — the alchemy of the oven will transform the batter into a tender, custardy set pancake. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until it’s deeply golden. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for at least 10-15 minutes. This is delicious eaten warm, but I prefer the flavor and texture when the pancake has cooled to room temperature.
5. While the ugnspannkaka is baking, prepare the toppings.
6. Whip the cream to soft peaks in a medium mixing bowl. Add the yogurt and vanilla seeds and whisk to incorporate. Gently fold in the honey.
7. Add the sliced apples, a squeeze of lemon juice, maple sugar, and cardamom to a small mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
8. To serve, dollop a generous spoonful of whipped cream onto a slice of ugnspannkaka. Top with a handful of the dressed apples, and devour with reckless abandon.