- Cook pasta in a pot of heavily salted water until al dente. Reserve 1 cup pasta water and drain.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add sliced garlic and cook until lightly golden brown and fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add capers and chilis and cook until oil is infused with the chilis, 1 minute.
- Add anchovies and gently mix them around so that they melt into the garlicky oil.
- Turn off the heat and add the cooked pasta with a drizzle of pasta water (you might not use it all) and use a pair of tongs to swirl the pasta around in the flavored oil.
- Toss until combined. Season to taste with more salt (if needed), and black pepper.
- Twirl the pasta into bowls and top with parsley, parmesan, black pepper, and more olive oil. Serve immediately.
- 8 ounces pasta (spaghetti, linguine, rigatoni, or fusilli)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 5 medium heads garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 1-2 teaspoons chopped Calabrian chilis (or red pepper flakes)
- 1 tin Fishwife anchovies
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste